- 1 batch Light & Moist Chocolate Cake (my recipe here)
- 1 stick (100 g) butter
- 1 – 2 tbsp strong coffee (optional)
- 2 cups (5 dl) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (preferably Dutch process)
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
Prepare and bake the chocolate cake in a 13 x 9 inch (33 x 23 cm) pan and allow to cool.
To prepare the icing, melt butter, mix with coffee (if used) and stir in sifted dry ingredients.
Spread the icing on top of the cake and sprinkle with coconut.
Cut into 20 pieces and serve immediately. Alternatively, cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for later.