- 2 1/2 cups (6 dl) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- oil for sautéing
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) water (or more as needed)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I prefer reduced sodium Korean or Tamari soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp rice syrup or sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (add after cooking)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
Rinse the potatoes with water and let them drain.
Sauté in oil until a little transparent, then add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes more.
Add water, soy sauce and syrup/sugar, then simmer until all liquid is absorbed and the potatoes are soft (add more water if needed).
When done, stir in sesame oil and top with sesame seeds.