- 3-4 lb (1.5 kg) chicken cut into pieces, alternatively
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless chicken meat (light and/or dark)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 cup (2 dl) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (0.5 dl) potato or corn starch
- oil for frying (I prefer peanut oil)
Sprinkle the chicken with spices and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
Dip each piece in egg then flour mixed with starch to coat. If you are using boneless meat, just stir the egg into the meat then toss all of it in the flour mix until everything is properly coated.
Heat the oil to 350°F (175°C) and fry the chicken in batches for about 10 minutes. Allow to dry on paper towels.
Increase the oil temperature to 375°F (190°C) and fry a second time until the chicken is golden brown, about 2-5 minutes.
Serve while hot and crispy.