- 1/2 cup (1 dl) dry seaweed / miyeok (미역)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (I prefer reduced sodium Korean or Tamari soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp white vinegar (5%)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp onion, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
Soak the seaweed in water for 30 minutes.
Drain, then blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds.
Rinse with cold water to cool it down, then drain and squeeze out as much water out as you can (or it will become slimy),
Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic and onion. Dress the seaweed and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.