- 3 – 4 cups (7 – 10 dl) fruit or berries ( I used apples and peaches)
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) sugar (more if fruit is very tart)
- 2 tbsp potato or corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon or other spices (optional)
- 2 batches of pie crust dough (my recipe here)
Set the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Roll out half the dough and place it inside the tin. Prick all over and refrigerate.
Peel and slice the fruit as needed and toss in sugar, starch and spices.
Fill the crust, then roll out the remaining dough and place it on top as a lid. Make sure there are holes in the top for steam to escape.
Bake until golden on top and fruit is fully cooked, about 45 – 60 minutes.
Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or custard sauce (my recipe here).