- 1 stick (100 g) soft butter
- 1/4 cup (0.5 dl) sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 hardboiled egg yolks
- 1 lb (400 – 500 g) fresh cheese, homemade or store-bought ricotta (my recipe here)
- 1/4 cup (0.5 dl) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
If the cheese is wet, strain overnight in the refrigerator using a cheese cloth, kitchen towel or coffee filter.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Push the egg yolks and cheese through a strainer placed over the bowl (not really necessary when using store-bought ricotta).
Add sour cream and vanilla, then beat until combined.
Fold in raisins and lemon zest, adjust the flavor with sugar or lemon as needed, then transfer to a cloth-lined mold (anything with holes or open bottom works, as well as a paper towel or coffee filter if you lack an appropriate piece of fabric).
Leave to strain in the refrigerator with a light weight on top for 2 – 3 days.
Decorate with colorful sprinkles, candies or edible flowers and serve, preferably with Kulich bread (my recipe here).