- 1 cup (2.5 dl) jicama (Asian pear, apple and cucumber has a similar crunch)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts (barbecue flavored) (my recipe here)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 – 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup (0.5 dl) scallions
- 8 cups (2 l) mixed greens
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) ranch dressing (my recipe here)
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) tortilla strips (my recipe here)
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
Peel and cut the jicama into 1/2 inch (1 cm) dice and cover them with freshly squeezed lime. Allow to sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
Dice the chicken and tomatoes, slice the onion thinly and chop the scallions.
Toss greens, jicama, chicken, tomatoes and onion in dressing.
Sprinkle tortilla strips and scallions on top and drizzle with barbecue sauce.